TannerWorld Junction

Old August 15th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Head Tanner at TannerWorld

Tannerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Do any new fall television shows interest you?
With the Fall 2005 television season starting soon, I'm wondering if there are any shows that have caught your interest via promotions or word of mouth.

There is one that I'm very curious about called Reunion. It's a FOX show set for Thursdays at 8 p.m. The premise? Sort of a combination drama/mystery.
Quote:
Reunion chronicles the lives of a group of six friends over the course of 20 years -- all in just one season
So it seems like every episode will be another year. Sort of like a combination of 24 (regarding the time element) and Twin Peaks (regarding the mystery/murder element). It may have potential.

Official Website: Reunion

=-=-=-=-=

The other I'm curious about is Kitchen Confidential, slated for Monday's at 7:30 p.m. on FOX as well (right after one of my favorite shows, the previously Tannerman-plugged Arrested Development).

Official overview:
Quote:
Based on renowned chef Anthony Bourdain's best-selling autobiography, KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL exposes the secrets of the restaurant business through the delectable story of a talented chef who's determined to climb back to the top of the food game.

Chef JACK BOURDAIN (Bradley Cooper) found enormous success at a young age. Unfortunately, Jack's culinary genius also let to a lifestyle of boozing, womanizing and drugs - excesses that eventually landed him in the gutter. After hitting rock bottom and deciding to sober up, the only job he could get was slopping soggy pasta for the masses at a tacky opera-themed restaurant.

Out of the blue, Jack is offered an opportunity to get back in the game as head chef at a top New York restaurant. There's just one problem: the owner gives Jack a mere 48 hours to fully staff his kitchen and prepare to dazzle over 300 customers - including the food critic for the New York Times (who also happens to be a jilted ex).
This show stars the guy who played Will on the first season of Alias. Early buzz about the show hasn't been positive, as it may just be a FOX-sleezefest. But I'll watch for an episode of two primarily because I have a loose connection with the subject matter (I helped Nicko run a live chat event with Bourdain a few years back for ChefTalk.com - Read transcript).

Official Website: Kitchen Confidential

Oh, and I'm giving up Alias this year because I actually have a brain in my head.
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Section Crew

sassyck is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sassyck Send a message via Yahoo to sassyck
We are planning to watch less TV this year--trying to cap it at an hour a night with the exception of Sundays.

The only new show that sparks interest for us has been Commander-in Chief with Geena Davis and Donald Sutherland. BUT--I am a little skeptical, it seems too much like The West Wing.

Otherwise, we will stick with our standards:
*Lost
*Alias
*Desperate Housewives
*The West Wing
*Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
*The Daily Show--we are going to start recording this instead of staying up late
Old August 16th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Telegrapher

TheProfessor101 is on a distinguished road
Nope, not looking forward to anything this next season. We happily continue to enjoy a TV-free life. Try it, you'll like it. And yes, you CAN do it.