TannerWorld Junction

Old November 30th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Head Tanner at TannerWorld

Tannerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Bigbandtacularswingaganza - Introduction
Believe it or not, ladies and gentlemen, I'm excited to welcome you to the 7th annual edition of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music, a tradition here at the TannerWorld Junction discussion forums. I'm your host... Steve.

Starting December 1 through December 25, I'll be posting a new song each day that you can download, no strings attached. It's all FREE, FREE, FREE! Songs will be in MP3 format -- so you can listen via any media player or your iPod. It's just like an audio advent calendar, except that you won't have to fight with your dumb sister over who gets to open the next little door! ("Hi sis, nothing personal!")

And the Theme is...
For 2007, our theme is the rather-hard-to-say word of Bigbandtacularswingaganza. Just what in the world is that? Well, I like to think of it as containing lots of foot tappin', dancing tunes that are just upbeat and fun! You'll hear some big band, swing, and jazz stuff, some with words, others instrumental, along with other unique melodies thrown in. Our rule of thumb was, well, if we can swing dance to it, then it was considered!

I've wanted to do something like this for Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music over the past few years, but was finally prompted when I was listening to a radio station here in Chicago on November 1. It was one of those stations that converts over to "all holiday music all the time" during the Christmas season. Now, I love Christmas music probably to an unhealthy extent, but it aggreviated me that this station -- which has been playing festive music for weeks already -- pretty much consisted of a playlist of 10 songs. You had your Bing Crosby/White Christmas, your Burl Ives/Have A Holly Jolly Christmas, and then rounded out by whatever they could find sung by The Carpenters.

No wonder people hate Christmas music overkill! There is no diversity.

Thus, it was my goal this year to share some Christmas music that you probably won't hear on the radio anytime soon, while also provide something upbeat and catchy, perhaps to be used as background music at a party you may be hosting this month. And as always, all the songs featured during this year's 25 Days have never been part of this event for the past 6 years, so it's all new tunes for you to enjoy.

Share Your Opinions... and Win!
As in previous years, you'll be able to comment about each song... and I really hope you do. (In fact, I beg you to!) In addition, TannerWorld Junction members will be able to use the rating feature here in the forums to rank the music selection on a scale from 1 to 5 stars. If you aren't a TannerWorld Junction member, signing up is free!

By becoming a member of the TannerWorld Junction discussion forums, you'll get the following additional benefits during Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music:
  • Rate each song on a scale from 1 to 5 stars
  • Post your comments about each song
  • Get automatic e-mail notification when a new song is posted
  • Participate for the chance to win the "Bigbandtacularswingaganza Bonus Tracks
What was that last point? "Participate for the chance to win the 'Bigbandtacularswingaganza Bonus Tracks'"? Every comment you post about a song and every rating you provide gives you a chance to win some bonus music downloads that weren't featured as part of this year's 25 Days celebration.

There will be 3 chances to win in our Comment Contest: December 1-8, December 9-15, and December 18-25... resulting in three "Bonus Tracks" given away total. The more you participate in each of those date ranges, the better your chances are to win! A random comment or rating will be selected from each date range. If that comment belongs to you, you get the music!

Blog about the 25 Days... and Win!
Please feel free to share the music with others. Everyone should have great Christmas music during the holidays!

As a special bonus, I'll be keeping track of what blogs point to Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music (using site statistics tools like Google Analytics). The site that sends the most traffic by December 15 gets 5 Bonus Music Tracks to share with their readers... plus a lot of free publicity and stuff like that. So get linking now!

Simply link to this website address to be tracked:
http://www.tannerworld.com/christmas/

Or... if you want to show a banner like this....

.... just copy this code and paste it in your blog:

Even More Music
As a special treat, archives from the 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 editions of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music are also available for a limited time. The 152 selections of music from these previous years plus the new 25 songs provide a combined 9.3 hours of listening enjoyment.

Don't miss a song!
Keep up with the latest updates during Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music. E-mail updates, RSS feeds, and more... Click here to learn how!

Thanks for visiting TannerWorld Junction. I hope you enjoy this virtual Christmas gift!

- Steve
Old December 1st, 2007, 09:50 AM
Steward

henryjz is on a distinguished road
It's here! It's finally here! Yippee! It feels like Christmas already!