TannerWorld Junction

Old June 17th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Head Tanner at TannerWorld

Tannerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Alternate Design on New Street Cleaning Signs
In May, we talked about the new color-coded street cleaning signs here in Chicago. The other day I saw a different version used that not only had colors, but also a completely changed design.

Here's the new design I saw:

Green Sign; Alternate Design

Contrast that with the traditional look:

Yellow Sign; Original Design

I'm not sure if the new look is here to stay or what. I must say that the emphasis on day of the week is much stronger in the new look. Of interest is the part of the sign that is blackened out by marker.

Note the crossed out "$50"

It says "$50", which I assume is the fine. The crossing out of the fine would seem to indicate that the rate has changed, as the City of Chicago just can't get enough revenue! Still, why would you stupidly publish a changeable variable on the sign?

Just like the need to print in colors now, it seems that the whole concept behind these sign redesigns was to give some patronage job to a printing firm. Thanks Mayor Daley, you schmuck!
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Conductor

Member of SigmaBetaWorld.com #100 Wheels Wheels Tire Changer

Wally is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wally
It is interesting that they clean the streets during the day. Everywhere I have lived, the street cleaning is overnight. However, as full as Chicago neighborhood streets are, it makes sense to do it during the day, when many of the cars will be taken to workplaces and not be on the street.
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
It is interesting that they clean the streets during the day.
Neighborhood streets are cleaned during the day. Downtown streets tend to be done late at night/early AM. They also clean selected sidewalks daily in some areas down there.
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Section Gang

spudart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to spudart Send a message via Yahoo to spudart
We
Oh boy, I can't wait to see the "WE" signs. We park here? No we can't park here, it's we. Yeah, we can? Hey Mo, what do you think? I can park here, the sign says, "Mo" that's my name. Don't wear it out.
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by spudart View Post
Oh boy, I can't wait to see the "WE" signs. We park here? No we can't park here, it's we. Yeah, we can? Hey Mo, what do you think? I can park here, the sign says, "Mo" that's my name. Don't wear it out.
Hate to tell ya, spudart, but Wednesday isn't "WE". It's just "W". I think the 2 letter signs are just used for Tuesday and Thursday.

Confused yet?