TannerWorld Junction

Old January 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Head Tanner at TannerWorld

Tannerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Members of Rush hit job-hunting trail
Quote:
Members of Rush hit job-hunting trail
By John Mullin
Tribune reporter
8:08 PM CST, January 11, 2009

With the future of the Arena Football League yet to be determined, key members of the Rush organization are going about the business of getting on with their professional lives.

After the league voted Dec. 14 to suspend operations for 2009, a three-member subcommittee headed by Columbus Destroyers President Jim Renacci was charged with submitting a new plan for the league by March 1.

The intention is to return to play for the 2010 season. But if no agreement on a new business plan can be reached, the league is expected to fold.

In the meantime, Rush quarterback Russ Michna, from Conant High School and Western Illinois, has signed to play for the Chicago Slaughter indoor team under coach Steve McMichael, a former Bear.

"This is a chance to keep on playing football," said Michna, who also has a full-time accounting job with a private company. "I just don't see a reason not to at this point."

Eight-year head coach Mike Hohensee is attending a coaches convention in Nashville this week and will spend time at the weeklong Senior Bowl workouts looking for coaching opportunities.

"It's almost like waiting for water to boil, waiting for the phone to ring," said Hohensee, a 20-year coaching veteran in the AFL. "It's concerning. It's not a dead end, but doors aren't exactly flying open.

"My feeling is, give me about a week and I'll coach whatever system you've got. It's going to take someone who knows what we've been doing for 20 years and the number of hats you wear. I do want to continue coaching, and I will make a difference for someone."

President and general manager Mike Polisky has been named president of the Chicago Wolves.

"It's very bittersweet," Polisky said. "I'm very fortunate to be going with another great organization. This obviously is a volatile time for someone with a family and needing to earn money."

Brian Schwartze, assistant head coach/defensive coordinator and vice president of player personnel, was named director of football operations for Iowa State University.
Source

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: