TannerWorld Junction

Old November 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Head Tanner at TannerWorld

Tannerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Trim the Tree Travels - Introduction
December is upon us, and with the changing of the calendar, I'm once again excited to welcome you to the 9th annual edition of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music, a tradition here at the TannerWorld Junction discussion forums. I'm your host... Steve.

Starting December 1 through December 25, I'll be posting new music each day that you can download, no strings attached. It's all FREE, FREE, FREE! Songs will be in MP3 format -- so you can listen via any media player or your iPod. It's just like an audio advent calendar, except that you won't have to fight with your dumb sister over who gets to open the next little door!

Theme - "Trim the Tree Travels"
Believe it or not, it's actually rather hard to come up with a theme every year for Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music. Sometimes, I come up with theme ideas, jot them down, and don't roll them out until years later when I have enough songs to make them work. This year's theme is one of those "tucked away" ideas.

Inspired by one of my favorite TV shows, The Amazing Race, which features teams racing all around the world in a competition, I thought it would be fun to take you on a global journey as well.

Welcome to our Trim the Tree Travels! Each day until Christmas I'll share a song that takes us to a geographical destination, whether via the song title or by some of the lyrics contained within. To keep things interesting (and to preserve my own sanity), I didn't just select a bunch of international Christmas carols. What good is a jumble of music you don't recognize or understand? That would be boring! Instead, I intentionally picked tunes that took us to various destinations in a uniquely fun way. I hope you'll agree!

If you are a member here at the TannerWorld Junction Discussion Forums (and if not... HELLO, it's free!), you'll be able to rate each song and leave comments. If you are visiting us from Twitter, Facebook, or elsewhere, you are welcome to share these songs with your networks as well. The more, the merrier!

The Map
Along with the song posted each day on our journey, I'll also be sharing with you a world map like this one below:

I'll be marking the location of our daily song on this map, as well as tracing our route as we travel during December. You'll be able to follow along and see where our audio experiences take you!

Ratings

Members of the TannerWorld Junction Discussion Forums can use the "Rate Thread" feature found at the top of every song page to cast their vote for what's great... and what's not! Help others find nifty Christmas music by sharing your votes.

Notifications

Never miss a daily song by keeping up with Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music via RSS, Twitter, Facebook, e-mail notification, and more! Learn how!

Archives

As a special treat, song archives from previous years of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music are also available for a limited time. The 228 selections of music from these previous years plus the new 25 songs provide a combined 13.3 hours of listening enjoyment.
Tell Your Friends

We encourage you to share the musical delights of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music with your friends, family, and others who may appreciate this eclectic collection of tunes. Simply pass along the following website address and they'll be all set: http://www.tannerworld.com/christmas

Thanks for visiting TannerWorld Junction. I hope you enjoy this virtual Christmas gift!

- Steve
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Brakeman

Member of SigmaBetaWorld.com #100 Wheels Wheels Tire Changer

Childs is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Childs Send a message via MSN to Childs
Sounds cool, Steve. I can't wait to add these songs to my archive of the TannerWorld Junction Christmas songs!
Old November 30th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Civil Engineer

captcrouton is on a distinguished road
Hooray. 'Tis the season. I'm back, Steve. That guy who only comes to church on Christmas and Easter. Except it's a forum...

Sounds like a great theme. I'm in America for Christmas for the first time in 5 years, so I'm really excited to what the season brings.
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Originally Posted by Childs View Post
Sounds cool, Steve. I can't wait to add these songs to my archive of the TannerWorld Junction Christmas songs!
I think you'll like this set... hopefully!
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by captcrouton View Post
Hooray. 'Tis the season. I'm back, Steve. That guy who only comes to church on Christmas and Easter. Except it's a forum...

Sounds like a great theme. I'm in America for Christmas for the first time in 5 years, so I'm really excited to what the season brings.
Ha ha... welcome back, Captain! And here in the States... that must be a change for you. Great to see ya
Old November 30th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Assistant Terminal Trainmaster

Kidologist is on a distinguished road
Christmas just isn't Christmas without Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music!
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Baggage Clerk

Teacher Tim is on a distinguished road
Nine and half hours to go until December 1! Can't...hold...on...much...longer!