TannerWorld Junction

Old November 30th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Head Tanner at TannerWorld

Tannerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Wordless Winter Wonderland - Introduction
December is upon us here at TannerWorld Junction, which means that once again it's time for Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music. For the fourth year in a row I'll be offering you a music download every day until Christmas. Songs will be in MP3 format -- so you can listen via any media player. It's like an audio advent calendar. You'll want to visit every day to get each new music selection! (Just want the music without all this explaination? Click here)

Who Needs Words?
As many of you know, I do a lot of writing in my profession -- and I like to listen to music as I work. Unfortunately, one of my personal challenges is that I can't seem to focus on writing if the music contains lyrics, meaning that instrumentals are the way to go. So, for a different change of pace in 2004, I'd like to introduce you to the Wordless Winter Wonderland edition of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music. Every song featured this month will be instrumental-only.

Pulling from my vast personal collection of Christmas music, I've dug up some unique orchestrations that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Some are familiar songs, others are more obscure. You'll discover unique instrumentation that adds new life to music that gets pretty repetitive this time of year. Plus, you'll be able to listen to it as you work, entertain, or travel.

Share Your Opinions
As in previous years, you'll be able to comment about each song... and I really hope you do. In addition, TannerWorld Junction members will be able to use the rating feature here in the forums to rank the music selection on a scale from 1 to 5 stars. If you aren't a TannerWorld Junction member, signing up is free!

This presentation of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music is one way I'd like to thank you (virtually) for your patronage here at the TannerWorld Junction Discussion Forums. Each and every one of you makes this online experience unique as you unselfishly share your passions, opinions, and experiences with others. A special thanks goes out to our friends at KDBGlobal.net, who are graciously donating the additional server space needed for you to download all these songs during the Christmas season.

Even More Music
As a special treat, archives from the 2001, 2002, and 2003 editions of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music are also available for a limited time. The 77 selections of music from these previous years provide a combined 4 hours of listening enjoyment. (This year's edition of 25 songs will add an additional 1 hour 40 minutes of great holiday tunes!)

Tell Your Friends and Family
Please feel free to share the music with others. You can provide this website address as a shortcut to the music downloads:
http://www.tannerworld.com/christmas/

Get Updates by E-mail
You won't want to miss a single day of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music. If you don't visit these forums on a daily basis, TannerWorld Junction members are recommended to subscribe to daily e-mail updates that will notify you when I have posted a new song. (You can unsubscribe at any time and your e-mail address is kept private). Here's how you do it:
  1. Click here
  2. Select a Notification Type - "Daily Updates by E-mail"
  3. Click Add Subscription button
  4. Notifications will be e-mailed the address listed in your profile (Click here to check or change address)
Technical Information
For those with more detailed questions or concerns about the 25 Days, here are some tidbits for the technical-minded:
  • Songs are provided in the popular MP3 format
  • You can use Windows Media Player (which most likely came with your computer), RealPlayer, and QuickTime to play the songs. Other popular audio players like Winamp and MusicMatch will also work
  • Average high speed connection download time (DSL, Cable, T1): 1 minute or less
  • Average low speed connection download time (Dial-up modem): Allow 3-4 minutes per megabyte (MB) (Example: 2.4MB song will take a little over 10 minutes to download)
  • All files were virus-checked before being placed on the server
  • If given the choice to "Open this file from its current location" OR "Save this file to disk", choose the "Save this file to disk" option. It will play better from your computer and bandwidth on the server will be conserved. You can easily save the file to your computer by right-clicking on the file links and selecting "Save Link As" (in Firefox) or "Save Target As" (in Internet Explorer).
Here's Your First Song!
Let's get things started with the first song in this Wordless Winter Wonderland celebration. Click here to get the music!

Thanks for visiting TannerWorld Junction. I hope you enjoy this virtual Christmas gift!

- Steve
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:16 AM
Conductor

Member of SigmaBetaWorld.com #100 Wheels Wheels Tire Changer

Egg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Egg
Scary enough, when I woke up this morning one of the first things I thought of was, I wonder what music Tanner will have available today on the first day of the 25 days of Christmas music.
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:02 AM
Depot Agent

Gonetotea is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Gonetotea
Originally Posted by Egg
Scary enough, when I woke up this morning one of the first things I thought of was, I wonder what music Tanner will have available today on the first day of the 25 days of Christmas music.

DUDE I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!!!! LOLOLOLOL

Steve.....how does it feel to be part of people's subconcious(sp?) minds???