TannerWorld Junction

Old November 21st, 2005, 09:15 PM
Head Tanner at TannerWorld

Tannerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Amazing Vinyl ADVENTure - Introduction
Welcome to the 5th annual edition of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music, a tradition here at the TannerWorld Junction discussion forums. I'm your host... Steve.

Starting December 1 through December 25, I'll be posting a new song each day that you can download, no strings attached. It's all FREE, FREE, FREE! Songs will be in MP3 format -- so you can listen via any media player or your iPod. It's just like an audio advent calendar, except that you won't have to fight with your dumb sister over who gets to open the next little door! ("Hi sis, nothing personal!")

And the Theme is...
For 2005, I've decided the theme will be Amazing Vinyl ADVENTure. What's that mean? It means we'll be featuring more obscure, eclectic Christmas music sourced from old records. None of this stuff is commercially available these days, so I think you are in for a nice little treat. After all, you can only tolerate Bing Crosby's rendition of "White Christmas" so many times, right?

Over this past year, I've basically been fed up with the lame state of today's music. So, I've actually been exploring music released before my era, mainly eclectic stuff from the 1950s and 60s. Thanks to such record album archive websites such as Basic Hip Digital Oddio, Bellybongo and FaLaLaLaLa.com, I discovered some interesting stuff to keep my iPod chugging along. I'd like to share some of those Christmas-related rarities with you this year.

Share Your Opinions... and Win!
As in previous years, you'll be able to comment about each song... and I really hope you do. In addition, TannerWorld Junction members will be able to use the rating feature here in the forums to rank the music selection on a scale from 1 to 5 stars. If you aren't a TannerWorld Junction member, signing up is free!

By becoming a member of the TannerWorld Junction discussion forums, you'll get the following additional benefits during Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music:
  • Rate each song on a scale from 1 to 5 stars
  • Post your comments about each song
  • Get automatic e-mail notification when a new song is posted
  • Participate for the chance to win a CD with all the songs!
What was that last point? "Participate for the chance to win a CD with all the songs!" That's right, for the first time, we're adding a little contest element to Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music. Every comment you post about a song and every rating you provide gives you another chance to win a CD with all 25 songs from this year's event, complete with cover art, mailed to your house!

There will be 3 chances to win: December 1-10, December 11-17, and December 18-25... resulting in three CDs given away total. The more you participate in each of those date ranges, the better your chances are to win! A random comment or rating will be selected from each date range. If that comment belongs to you, you get the CD!

Even More Music
As a special treat, archives from the 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 editions of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music are also available for a limited time. The 102 selections of music from these previous years plus the new 25 songs provide a combined 6.6 hours of listening enjoyment. A special thanks goes out to our friends at KDBGlobal.net, who are graciously donating the additional server space needed for you to download all these songs during the Christmas season.

Tell Your Friends and Family
Please feel free to share the music with others. You can provide this website address as a shortcut to the music downloads:
http://www.tannerworld.com/christmas/

Don't miss a song!
Keep up with the latest updates during Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music. E-mail updates, RSS feeds, and more... Click here to learn how!

Here's 2 songs to get you started
To give you a glimpse of what's in store during this season's version of Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music, here are two song downloads to start you off on the right foot!

Caroleer Singers And Orchestra - Santa's Birthday (1:46, 2.0 MB)
(Right-click on link and Save)

Eddie Dunstedter - Jingle Bells Bossa Nova (2:23, 2.3 MB)
(Right-click on link and Save)

Thanks for visiting TannerWorld Junction. I hope you enjoy this virtual Christmas gift!

- Steve

View more installments - Be notified of updates
Old December 1st, 2005, 10:33 AM
Teamster

Dusty LensCap is on a distinguished road
"Santa's Birthday" reminds me of commercials in the 50's and 60's when there seemed to be only one format for all commercials -- THE JINGLE -- BLECH-H-H!

Now, the Jingle Bells Bossa Nova, on the other hand, is sweet and smooth, and a reminder that there were other redeeming music styles before (as well as during and after) Disco.