TannerWorld Junction

Old December 25th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Head Tanner at TannerWorld

Tannerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Under the Tree, A to Z - December 25: Z
It's Christmas Day, December 25! That brings us to our final "Under the Tree, A to Z" letter of the alphabet, Z.

This may come as a shock to you, but it's rather hard to find a Christmas song that starts with the letter Z. There just aren't that many that I'm aware of. Ironcially, we've previously featured such a song before on Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music. Back in the 2002 Archive you can find "'Zat You, Santa Claus" by Louis Armstrong. But since we don't reuse songs during the 25 Days, I had to keep fishing.

That brought me to 6-year-old Barry Gordon's Zoomah, The Santa Claus From Mars, supported by Art Mooney And His Orchestra. If the name sounds familiar, it's because Gordon was featured in another song found in the 2005 Archive -- and also the really annoying kid who sang that "Nuttin' for Christmas" song. Hey, what can I say, the song starts with a Z!

And with this song, we draw Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music, "Under the Tree, A to Z" to a close. I hope you enjoyed this unique Christmas walk through the alphabet. Just a reminder that today is also the final day to post a comment in order to qualify for the final "Under the Tree, A to Z Weekly Avatar of Honor". So before you get too carried away with Christmas cheer, post a comment or two. Thanks again for participating this year!

Voola Voola Vars!

Download This Song
Zoomah, The Santa Claus From Mars - Art Mooney And His Orchestra with Barry Gordon (Released 1957, 2:43, 2.6 MB)
(Right-click on link and Save)

Flashback: December 25
Today's song from: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Elsewhere at TannerWorld Junction
Merry Christmas from Steve & Amy

Rate This Song
Use the "Rating" feature at the top of the page!

Enter The Contest
The final round of our contest runs from December 17-25. Remember that any comment posted about this song during that timeframe will automatically enter you to win the official "Under the Tree, A to Z Weekly Avatar of Honor"... Full contest rules.

Don't Miss The Music
Be notified about each new song... Learn how!. Miss a day? Take a look at the complete list of songs for December 2006.

What's This All About?
New to Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music? Take some time to read the explanation and introduction!
Old December 25th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Section Foreman

Katie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Katie
Pretty talented six year-old. Not my favorite Christmas song by any stretch, but it's not as obnoxious as the "Nuttin' for Christmas" song. Nice orchestra sound...
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Conductor

Member of SigmaBetaWorld.com #100 Wheels Wheels Tire Changer

Egg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Egg
Sort of a fun off the wall Christmas song. For me unique Christmas songs this is good for the mix.
Old December 28th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Tower Operator

FernLaplante is on a distinguished road
I'm just impressed you found a Z song. It was OK.
Old January 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM
Head Tanner at TannerWorld

Tannerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Tannerman Send a message via AIM to Tannerman Send a message via MSN to Tannerman Send a message via Yahoo to Tannerman Send a message via Skype™ to Tannerman
Contest Update! Christmas is now over, but we still have the final "Under the Tree, A to Z Weekly Avatar of Honor" to award! Out of the 39 comments posted in the December 17-25 timeframe, one was randomly selected.

That comment was posted by Egg on 12/17 and can be found here. (Ironically, per his post, he now gets to join the other two honorees) Egg has been awarded our final "Under the Tree, A to Z Weekly Avatar of Honor", as you will note from his user profile.

Our contest rules state that "you'll be part of a discussion highlighting how awesome and superior you are to the rest of the underlings." So I would like to invite everyone here in the forums to share their praise of Egg...

Thanks again to everyone for your participation during this year's Steve's 25 Days of Christmas Music. Whew, that's a lot of work!
Old January 6th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Teamster

lechatboote is on a distinguished road
Cheesy but Poignant
Dear Steve,

Thanks for collecting this music, I found two songs I have been looking for, for a very long time. It may be cheesy but it brings back some of the good times of my childhood.

I love the caroleer singers(apologies to those who don't lol)

I have one album but am looking for the green cover album that was sleigh ride jingle belss II

I found it at one website purchased a cd of it only to find out the guy had sold his last copy

Thanks ever so much

Lechatboote